Monday, October 12, 2009

A great week

We've been blessed this week with the help of Janet's mom, whose presence allowed Janet to catch up a bit on rest, all of us to eat well, and AJ to learn to say "grandma". She returned home early Saturday morning, and AJ has asked each morning since where grandma is (partly in search of Mickey Mouse pancakes - she started making MM-shaped pancakes, and he ate them every day - no small feat, as historically he rarely is persuaded to eat breakfast at all). She'll be missed here, but we know she was needed back home too.

I survived my knee surgery with much less ill effect than anticipated. I missed only one day of work! Sometime, or maybe over a long period, the meniscus in my left knee became torn and irritated, which made it painful to perform some activities. The (arthroscopic, outpatient) surgery trimmed the torn portion. Janet took good care of me after I returned home for the rest of the day. As evidence, I have only three small holes in my knee. By now I am able to climb stairs and get around pretty well; in fact, jogging and descending stairs straight-on are about the only things I haven't been able to do yet. I used crutches for about 10 minutes, and have taken ibuprofen more for the swelling than for pain. This was the first surgery I'd had since my tonsils were removed when I was about 7, and I was a little trepidacious about it. I may not worry much about the next time I need to be cut open.

I know, I know... pictures. Tomorrow someday?, I promise.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Glad the surgery went well. I know Grandma had a great time too! Yes, I am looking for pictures!!!!:) We all want to see those cute kids of yours:)

cmhd said...

Is it tomorrow yet? Cough, (pictures!), cough.

Unknown said...

Yes, pictures.
dad

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Didn't know til now you needed surgery. Glad to hear it went well.