Wow, this summer has whizzed by. Probably because of air conditioning. It has been (or at least seemed) to be the most consistently miserably hot/humid summer in my recollection. Thankfully, I work indoors in a nicely air-conditioned office. There was a time I would have expressed disdain for such employment, and there are those that probably would call my job soft and wussy, but I'll take it.
AJ and Izzie are growing up too fast. I can start to see what AJ will look like as a teen. Too handsome, unfortunately. We went out to eat last night (first in months), and a lady there commented that Izzie could be a Gerber baby. She is indeed a pretty dang cute baby. AJ is still into robots and dinosaurs, and has gotten a little rougher with Izzie. He talks all the time and is learning to be respectful and reverent when the time is right. He has even nicely tolerated, even participated in, FHE the last several weeks instead of running around and climbing on things. And he sings with us!
Izzie loves to sit at the piano and bang the keys. I suspect she may be the gifted musical talent of the family. But we'll see. We're excited to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Denmark later this year. They've not met Izzie, and AJ is totally different from last they saw him in person.
Janet is looking and feeling great lately. She's a great person, a great wife and mother, and deserves better than she gets. Sure glad her standards have room for the likes of me.
1 comment:
You should swing by Latvia on the way home. would love to see pics of the kids.
Post a Comment