We enjoyed the messages of conference. One of my favorite talks was actually from the priesthood session, by Pres. Uchtdorf, regarding patience. It seemed appropriate for almost everyone I know. Audio available here, should you wish to review it.
It was great to spend a little time outside. Janet was feeling enough better to spend a few hours working on Saturday. AJ, Izzie and I "hung out" for the afternoon watching conference and, between sessions, "White Fang". AJ loved the dogs in the movie, but was not so patient with my inability to fully engage in play during the conference sessions. I remember such impatience, actually. He isn't quite at the level to pay attention with the conference kid activities offered, unfortunately.
Sunday, we opened the doors and windows and really enjoyed the day.
AJ, with eyes watering from looking at the sun: "My eyes are melting!"
a minute later...
AJ: "What's that music!?"
Janet: "It's an ice cream truck."
AJ: "Can we go lick it?"
For any who attempted to call Janet with birthday wishes, she apologizes that her phone died the day before and was not re-powered while charging all the next day. Sorry! Thanks for the lovely messages.
1 comment:
Yeah, Janet and slimy things like salamanders are like flies to roadkill (at least as a kid:)). As a child, she was always trying to gross us out! Did she ever tell you about the time she convinced me to eat dog food because she told me it was candy? or about all the tadpoles that she caught in a nearby stream and put in the backyard bird bath...those same tadpoles that later fried to the cement because the water in the bird bath evaporated?:) haha:) I'm glad that you had a good birthday, Janet! I love you!
Post a Comment