Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring?


Life is good. We've had nearly a week of temps in the 50's, actual sunshine. Sunshine makes me happy. Despite (or maybe because of?) some challenges in our family lately, we've grown closer in the past few weeks. We have experienced miracles, thanks to the faith, love, support, and hope of loved ones. I love my wife. In no particular order, she is the best, smartest, most patient, sexiest person I know. I've had an opportunity to serve her more lately, which has been good for me in more than a few ways. I'm glad she still puts up with me.

The first picture below was completely posed by AJ's - Janet luckily captured the moment:

Argh. Whar's me milk, matey?




Some funny/memorable things AJ says:

"I hung'ay" (first words most mornings)
"Operus Pime pancakes!" (used to be "awpus pine")
"No is a bad word."
"Tantrum is a bad word."
"Baby sister likes it when I put my hands on her tummy" (cold hands, warm tummy, grimmacing baby)
"Baby si'ter wants a fruit snack" (but has not graduated from bottles. Hmm.)
"That's not lugnut pancake - that looks like bulkhead" (of a vaguely humanoid pancake form. I mean, how accurate can you get with pancake batter.)
"I nice Batman Pirate"
"My Dad - he not gross"
"Baby si'ter - he not gross"
"He wants to snuggle her?" (whilst we frantically try to turn the channel)
"You in trouble, mom. You go time out" (while angrily pulling her toward time out spot)
Trying to climb headfirst into my pants whilst I am changing clothes - the pants on at about knee level.

Elizabeth is getting quite vocal. She has a sort-of pleasant squeal/singing sounds she makes over and over when she's fairly content and someone is paying attention. When I have both kids on my lap reading a story or something, I just love, LOVE, the connection I see and feel between AJ and Izzie. AJ loves his sister, and she loves him back. There's a ... knowing? look in their eyes, a gentle, subtle interaction. I LOVE MY FAMILY!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Jay and I got a kick out of AJ going head first into your pants with you still in them. The first year and then some goes by so fast.
It was so good to see everyone this past Christmas. Your family is in our prayers and we are happy to hear that Janet is feeling a little relief. (((HUGS))) from us.

Emily said...

Hi Guys! I love love love the pirate picture. We're all over here getting a good chuckle over the 2 of them. We miss you much and hope we get to see you this summer when we come out to visit! I'm glad Janet is feeling better...we continue to hope and pray for a great recovery.

Love you,
Em