Is it just me, or is it objectively hotter than normal? I hear reports from family in Utah of unseasonal snow and cold temperatures in the past weeks. Here, however, it has just been blasted hot and humid. I'm grateful for air-conditioned indoor employment, although I suppose it can be argued that it makes me "soft." I'll take it anyway.
Family is well and doing fine. AJ is now in his second week of "summer camp," which amounts to a two month extension of preschool. Janet isn't sure how she's going to keep him constructively occupied after that. He'll be getting his tonsils out, however, which may slow him down for a couple of days. We were concerned about his snoring and apparent apnea, so measured his oxygen saturation and had and ENT doc look at him. I don't look forward to putting my beautiful 5-year old child through the mental and physical trauma of surgery, but I think he'll sleep much better, and maybe it'll improve his appetite too. (Heaven forbid it gives him more energy, however.) AJ is a good kid, is kind and polite, and a great reader. He is pretty much at the point of reading some books by himself, and I think that will really be good for him. He isn't at the same level in writing and math, but I think that'll come.
Izzie is so cute with her little curls. She has quite an attitude and is as stubborn as anyone I know. And she's a little imp. When she wants to do something she knows she shouldn't, she'll get mommy's or daddy's attention first, then look out the corner of her eye as she defies us to stop her (with a mischievous smile on her face.)
We succumbed to the practicality of a minivan about a month ago. They really do have some great features. The one we got had high miles, but the Honda dealer said it was in great shape for all that. I'm somewhat proud of the fact that until last month we were still driving the cars we had when we got married many years ago. I hope we don't have the need of another for many more years.
We're looking forward to having and making visits from/to parents/grandparents this summer. Should be good times.
1 comment:
Oh I wish you could have experienced more of Japan. It is still one of the places I want to go back and visit even over Europe. The people are incredible and so hospitable. I am envious that you were able to visit, hopefully next trip you will be able to venture out of Tokyo and see the countryside of Japan. It is truly breathtaking.
Post a Comment