I can't complain. Things are pretty good now, other than my having to be at work for inordinate amounts of time. I spent the weekend with the kids while DW attended a class to renew a certification (which she did with flying colors, of course). We went to Toys-R-Us to peruse the wares. I haven't been there in awhile, and it was amazing how stocked-up they were for this week's sales. Boxes piled to the (considerably high) ceiling, extra shelves, etc. DS is now into Power Rangers, and unfortunately is influenced by the toybox contents of a few of his well-funded friends. The toy he wants is, like $70. $70!? For an action figure?! "Dad, can I get this?" DS doesn't buy the response that Santa must use his resources wisely and spread cheer all over the world. Toy shopping with two small kids is exhausting, but fun. A two-year-old's breathless, grinning exclamations at the sight of a new discovery are truly priceless.
It's bee unseasonably warm the past few days. I'm starting to fear that our holiday travel plans could be affected by the appearance of make-up weather. The layover city for our flight is famous for closures.
We look forward to spending time with family this week and during Christmas. It's been too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment