Sunday, February 14, 2010

AJ's stories

Happy Valentines Day! Janet worked today, so our festivities will commence in better fashion tomorrow. Nevertheless, AJ, Izzie and I made a cake and a card for Mommy. It was pretty fun for all, I think.

AJ has been either helping to tell or flat out making up bedtime stories. Generally, they involve Optimus Prime (of Transformers fame). Tonight's episode commenced thus:

Optimus Prime is on a mountain, where he is seen by Dinobot Grimlok (the one that looks like a metal T-Rex). They fight, and Optimus is knocked into a volcano. (Is he stuck?) He needs a rope. (Is someone going to help him?) A cowboy robot comes, and throws down a rope. Optimus climbs the rope just in time to face the Dinobots again. Grimlock eats Optimus Prime. (What!? Optimus is dead?) Yes. (What happens to the cowboy robot?) Grimlok smashes him with his tail, then eats him. The end.

This kid has some imagination, no? Most nights he comes up with something like this. Generally we tell stories of Transformers being obedient, helping people, learning new words, etc. AJ was in a bit of a mood tonight - maybe too much sugar. Anyway, I know this is a lame first entry in 2 months, but it's a start.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations on your blog entry:) We are happy to see it. AJ sounds like he is having a good time growing up:) Our boys LOVE Optimus Prime too:)

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Must have been SOME KIND of rope!! Happy trails cowboy robot!! RIP Optimus.

Rachel Doyle said...

I concur with Em. You will be glad you blogged this story in the future. I print my blog out every year and it serves as our family journal.