Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Peacefully sleeping

As of 11am, at least, the little girl is sleeping peacefully. The burns from last nights shock event have mostly disappeared. Janet, however, still resists sleep, as I suppose most mothers would in this situation. I threatened to have her drugged this afternoon if she didn't make a valiant effort at rest. Hopefully, she will be able to get some relief from the massive fatigue she must be feeling.
In other news, Janet and I are excited about the possibility of "kangarooing" this afternoon. This is a skin-on-skin time for the baby to just rest peacefully on right on top of mommy or daddy. One positive thing that came from last night's excitement is that the switch from umbilical catheterizeation to an I.V. allows much easier holding and handling.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Scary!!! I'm so glad that right now she is doing better. Janet, I don't blame you one bit for not sleeping...it's hard enough to when your baby has a bad cold, but this is another thing. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. Keep up the good fight little girl!