Thursday, September 10, 2009

Plethora of nicknames

One thing I like about the name Elizabeth is the large number of options "for short". Lizzie, Liz, Beth, Liza, Ellie (I know, already taken), El, Zabeth, Elz, Zab, Zabbie, etc. .... I will probably have a difficult time calling her by the full name all the time. My mouth is lazy, I guess.
Anyway, she's a fiesty little thing. She's learned how to remove her feeding tube (a tiny tube taped to her face and running in through her nostril) and her little "sunglasses" used to protect her eyes when under the Bili lights. The nurses told Janet that Elz produced today one of the most massive incubator stink-ups they've seen . I guess her plumbing works!
She likes being wrapped up best, but she can't be wrapped up under the lights, so we're hoping the Bili levels continue to drop so she can be more comfortable. (They've dropped from 10 to 7 in the last two days, so we're on our way.)
I'm working on getting Janet to chime in here. Her perceptions and views are important to share too.

5 comments:

cmhd said...

I heard a nickname for Elizabeth recently that I thought was cute...Besty. I've also heard of Zibbie, which I think is adorable.

Rachel Doyle said...

I am a fan of Lizzy -- but I'll call her whatever you all decide. I am glad to hear her billi has gone down. We spent an extra few days in NICU just because of high billi numbers. Hannah's got up to 19 even with three sets of lights on her and they were getting ready to do a blood transfusion -- Thankfully it went down and we avoided that. We love you all --

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Just don't use Libby as a nickname for Elizabeth. Cuz poor Caleb will then have a Libby on either side and an Emily on either side.

Emily said...

Yes, the nicknames are abundant...but you could end up calling her "Babe" for the first 2 years of her life like we called our Ellie (which also is do-able for you guys...we could have code names or something). We toyed with Elisa as a shorter version...I guess Eliza or Liza would work too in your case. Anyway,this obviously is your choice...we internet people here just love to put in our two cents. You could keep calling her Elz.:) Glad the plumbing works...she's probably trying to live up to her brother:) haha:) I too like Courtney like Zibbie:) But, obviously, it's your choice;)

Unknown said...

We will go with whatever name you decide (big help there, right?) We look forward to a time when we can hold and cuddle her just a bit. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today as we are traveling. Please keep us informed. Loves to all.
M&D Larsen